10 Mar 2014 • Taiwan, Japan and Korea
23 Jun 2014 • Shanghai, China
Since its inception in 2002, Asia Desk at World Trade Center San Diego has successfully organized 17 trade missions to China, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam and other Asian markets with more than 300 participants from San Diego, other regions in the State of California and United States, and Baja California, Mexico. Missions were highly acclaimed by participants and the business community. Highlights include:
- In 2004, Asia Desk organized the San Diego Pavilion at the 6th China Hi-tech Fair in Shenzhen, China with six San Diego companies including Qualcomm. The San Diego Pavilion received the "Excellent Organizer" award by the fair organizer and generated extensive exposure in Chinese national and local media.
- In 2005, Asia Desk organized a group of 113 California business people, the largest outbound trade mission in the history of the State of California, to participate in the WTCA General Assembly in Shanghai.
- In 2008, the "Doing Business in America" China Road Show generated a new Chinese client base for San Diego-based service providers. The mission held conferences in Chongqing, Xiamen, and Quanzhou which were attended by over 400 Chinese corporate executives.
Asia Desk provides the following services for trade mission participants:
For more information, please click here and complete the required form.
- Pre-mission briefing
- Group meetings with key government officials and business leaders
- Individual matchmaking meetings
- Trade show participation
- Post-mission debriefing